Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Highs and Lows

It has been a while since I last posted and I apologize; it has been just so busy with work and all the things to do in the city. I have even sacrificed sleep, which is something I love! Anyways I seemed to hit a low point in my internship. There are always times in a job when you are just not performing at your best and everything seems to be going less than swell. Well this is my week! Really it officially started last Friday and seems to be carrying over into this week. I was sure a weekend would do me some good because we would all be away from the office and Monday would be a fresh start. That has not been the case.

Last week we received our mid-term evaluations from our department and from HR. The constructive criticism was valuable and beneficial and I hoped to be moving forward from that point. Friday just seemed to open the floodgates for destruction. My biggest need for improvement is with communication and follow up to my buyer. Which seems to be the root of this week's issue, miscommunication. I know that this is just a low in a sea of highs this summer and I will get past this. I cannot let a few days dictate how my entire internship will be.

Tomorrow will be a nice break from the office because we go to New Jersey for comparison shopping and get to visit a Ross Store since there are not any in the state of New York. So hopefully by my next post I will have resolved the issue and be back to posting about wonderful moments while in NYC.

Also this past weekend my friend from Texas, Delisia came to visit the city for a weekend. I will be sure to post pics of our weekend soon!

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
                                                                                                   
                                                                             1 Peter 5:6-7


No comments: