Tuesday, September 3, 2013

How's Disney?

If my lack of blogging could be an indicator of how life back at Disney World is then voilĂ ! I never have time to inform about my experience here, which is quite tragic. The pace has definitely slowed down from my summer in New York City. Actually I think living in Orlando requires tons of patience: buses, monorails, traffic, 5 roommates, Disney guests......it all forces you to be patient and wait. I am okay with the lifestyle change too.

I moved into Disney housing on August 12 so I have been here a little over 3 weeks. Certainly feels much longer since I am accustomed to both my work location and to the area from my previous program. Speaking of work, I am sure you're dying to know what the heck I am doing this time around. I work at Walt Disney World's flagship resort The Grand Floridian as a hostess for the Perfectly Princess Tea Party and afternoon tea. It is a very small operation but I enjoy the slow pace of the location compared to the chaos of the theme parks. Can I just say that God has blessed me with such a wonderful location that has great hours. With taking 12 hours online this semester I needed a schedule that was pretty set. My location is  only open 10:30am-5pm! Talk about a princess shift.

When I first came back to Disney I will admit I wasn't sure what to expect about my second program; I was feeling uncertain about whether coming back was a good idea. My roommate shared with me how she felt it was perfect it timing God's perfect timing bringing her to Orlando at this time. Unfortunately, that was not the same feeling I had. Questions lingered for about the first week and a half about if this was God's place for me. I did not start working until a week after I had arrived, and that also made me a bit anxious about what to expect about the outcome of my College Program. Honestly, it does not feel awesome questioning your decisions, and I knew praying about uncertainty would help me make a decision. I cannot believe the slight possibility of leaving so soon crossed my mind because of my uncertainty of my timing here. Being back here is like God's strengthening me I believe. I am forced to balance classes, work, faith, friends, and playing around Orlando, and I like the idea of the challenge.

Can I stop for a second and mention my roommates. I live with 5 other girls in a 3 bedroom apartment. Calm down people, I can hear your gasps! I absolutely adore my roommates, and living with these girls is such a joy! We share a faith of The Lord and I love how open we are about Christ and The Word. How many people can say they have devotional with their roommates? Our strong faith helps us bond as sisters of Christ and it is a beautiful thing.

Now that I have been working 2 weeks I am comfortable about being back here and I enjoy working at the most elegant resort on Disney property. The best part of my day is getting to here the big band play swinging music between 3-6pm while I am working afternoon tea.

More exciting experiences are here to come! Here's some pics of the first few weeks!




At the Woody's Round Up Welcome Party
Not the best batch of pancakes at our pancake party

Blending of 2 apartments for an awesome PJ Pancake Party

Hanna and I right after riding Pirates of the Carribean. Arrrgh!

Garden View Tea Room (my work location)
Night time at Grand Floridian's Garden View Tea Room


Walking down Main Street USA, Magic Kingdom
Dancing with Bolt in Tomorrowland

Space Mountain

Monsters University Welcome Party at Chatham Square 

Jordan in her Port Orleans Resort Quick Service Costume
Aubry in her Beach Club Resort Quick Service costume


Delisia and I in front of Cinderella's castle, Magic Kingdom
Rainy day at The Commons pool


Gabby and I spending our day off at Blizzard Beach Waterpark
Visited Kayla at work at Blizzard Beach


Right before the rain clouds came at Blizzard Beach

No comments: