Sunday, July 28, 2013

Last Week in NYC

It's Sunday and this is officially my last week in New York City. I have never been so excited to leave a place to get back to Texas. It is not that I do not like this city, there is so much liveliness and wonder that this place possesses unlike any other place, but there is something about the South that I need to get back to.

My last post I briefly described a lull in internship, but it officially passed. Between my buyer and I there was a bit of workplace tension that would not pass, so I scheduled a private one-on-one meeting with her to discuss how we could get past this down point in the internship. It was very courageous to sit face-to-face with her and verbally describe how I felt there was a problem with our lack of communication and how I wanted a second chance to prove myself as a strong asset these last few weeks of the internship. After the meeting initially I did not feel like I had got my point across but as the week went on there was alot less tension and we even enjoyed a few laughs on Friday.

My weekend overall has been less than eventful since I have a final internship experience paper due on Wednesday. I have mostly been in and out of the public library and Starbucks. It is a pretty easy write, but it the finding the willpower to write it for more than an hour before I stray away from my Word Document. I am about 4.5 pages into it and it is 5 pages minimum, but I haven't even put a dent into answering all parts of the prompt so that is an accomplishment.

On Friday, after the graduation ceremony Ross is holding for us,  I will be saying goodbye to this big bright city, and get back to suburbia for a few days before it is off to my next big adventure, Disney World!

I promise to make a post of long lost NYC pics that I didn't post throughout my summer so stay tuned!


No comments: