Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Power of Music: Rock The Universe

It was that time of the year again: Christian Concert Series at the two biggest theme parks in Orlando, Disney World and Universal Studios. During the same weekend in September both parks host a 2 day concert event featuring some of the top artists in Christian music. The downside is having to choose which one to go to, Night of Joy at Disney or Rock the Universe at Universal.

I choose to attend Rock the Universe with one of my roommates, Aubry on Saturday. Originally I was going to attend Night of Joy on Friday, but I forgot to buy a discounted ticket plus I didn't have anyone to accompany me. Things worked out for the best because Rock the Universe was excellent!!!

I had heard stories about how cast members despise working the events: basically tons of church groups kids away from their parents for the night. You do the math. Attending and observing guests I could understand where cast members could feel little pleasure in working the event due to the amount of unchaperoned teenagers being let loose. 

Overall though I felt like everyone was just having a great time! How many people can say they rode rides while their favorite artist played tunes on the stage below? 

There were so many great artists performing it was hard to pick who to see! Saturday night performers included: Red, Lecrae, Jesus Culture, Casting Crowns, Reliant K, Dara Macclean, OBB, Love to Outcome, and Crave. We decided to pick our favorite artist and see each perform. I picked Dara Maclean and my roommate picked Reliant K. The best part was getting to meet them and get autographs and pictures! Dara Maclean is such a sweet and down to earth woman of Christ. Her performance was so soulful and spirited! My roommate became a fan that night! Reliant K was awesome too even though we were so far back from the stage. I definitely knew some of their older songs. 

I think the most cherished and beautiful moments of the night was small but touching to my heart. As we were walking through the crowds to get to the Reliant K stage we pasted Jesus Culture performing. The hundreds of people watching the concert as well as the moving crowd passing through were singing along to One Thing Remains. Imagine as you're walking among hundreds of believers in Christ singing "Your love never fails and never gives up and never runs out on me" at a theme park in unison!! I loved it! 

The night was completely magical because through the power of music, The power of Christ filling the theme parks this weekend! I would love to go back again in the years to come


My roommate Aubry and I outside Universal Studios Orlando
Rock the Universe Banner
Aubry gets the autograph of lead singer Matt Thiessen of the band RELIENT K before their show
We met singer Dara McClean after her performance (such a beautiful sweet woman of God)

No comments: