Monday, September 16, 2013

Uncertainty: Unclear of my decisions

Today officially marks week 5 of my Disney College Program. I am comfortable in my role at work, accustomed to co-workers and leaders, and pretty much figured out the bus system to my favor.

I should more excited about my experience than I feel. Constantly lingering in the back of my mind is the question "should I have come back?". Trust me it's not a good feeling to have, questioning my decision. Never have a made a decision so big that I felt was possibly a mistake. In the past, every decision I have made has been a learning experience. Being back here though I feel is not a learning experience but instead is not the place I should be right now. 

There has not been anything bad about my program: great job, leaders, and roommates. But have you ever felt God was this God's plan and timing or my own? Decision making about the future could be playing a lot into my reasoning. With graduation inching closer upon me, I wish I knew my next step in life, where I want to live, whether or not to go to grad school, career paths. These thoughts make my heart grow heavy. I hate to think my heavy heart is keeping me from truly enjoying all Disney has to over. 

This is sort of a different kind of post than I normally share. I feel that I should express concerns I have in life and that my life isn't all pixie dust and grand adventures. My life is not perfect and it definitely is not figured out! I will continue to seek God's help in my journey and ask that anyone reading this pray for direction for me. 

For anyone unsure of their decisions loke me there is a scripture that continues to speak to me:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5, 6 NLT)

No comments: