Tuesday, September 24, 2013

DAPPER DAY!

This weekend at Disney's Hollywood Studios, hundreds of sophisticated dressed ladies and gents filled the park for Dapper Day! I have been looking forward to this event since September of last year when I first found out about the event. The participants are still small in number, but as the number of park goers and the media for the event increased soon the park will be outnumbered during this bi-yearly event.

My roommates, Hanna, Jordan, and I have been nonstop excited about Dapper Day, that it was probably sickening! Finally Saturday had arrived but the day was not so smooth sailing as expected. I had an online test to take; 2 hour exam with 100 questions. Talk about putting a damper on things. Hanna had been expecting her petticoat for her dress to come in the mail all week and was resorting to shelling out money for a last minute substitute that would have been super plain. Luckily the package came in RIGHT before she was heading out to the store! Great luck right? A quick drugstore run for false eyelashes and we were in business for preparation for the evening!

We didn't get to the park in time to get in the picture with everyone at The Great Movie Ride, but we took some awesome pictures and even were snapped a few times by guests. One guy even approached us and asked for us to pose for a picture. We felt like celebrities. People staring and taking pictures of us as we enjoyed our evening at Hollywood Studios. People would even come up to us and want to know "what the heck was going on with all these beautiful people dressed up".

The best part of it all was passing other groups of people dressed up and acknowledging each other with a warm "HAPPY DAPPER DAY". Even some of the cast members knew what was going on and greeted us with the same welcome.

Ending the park experience by watching Fantasmic, next we headed over to Beach Club Resort for some much needed food. We were so excited about the night we had not eaten since breakfast!

 A few bumps in the road did not bring my spirits down Dapper Day; it was like the social event of the year for me! I am still on a high from the event and how stunning everyone who participated looked! I have a new adventure in the works, going to Disneyland Dapper Day next fall where the event originally started.

For more information about Dapper Day check out the website www.dapperday.com

Hanna retro updo
My roommates Jordan, Hanna and I on the tram outside Hollywood Studios
Shelby, Hanna, Jordan, and I posing near this vintage classic
Hollywood Tower of Terror

This was taken right after these ladies complimented me on my outfit! I had to get a picture with these dapper dolls!

Picture taken by Kanoe Lontayao 
Sarah and I

Ending Dapper Day events at Beach Club Resort for dinner
A photo-op in a foyer at Beach Club

Their recreation of the classic scene in Titantic

No comments: